Appointiv appointments are created as Salesforce Calendar Events. As such, they appear in the Activity section of your Contact and Lead views. That area can get quite busy so in order to highlight the Appintiv appointments separately, you can use our custom Visualforce page components in your page layouts.
If you use Contacts in Salesforce, add our lists (Visualforce pages) to your Contacts Page Layout.
If you use Leads in Salesforce, add our lists (Visualforce pages) to your Leads Page Layout.
If you use both Contacts and Leads ... you guessed it - add our lists to both!
To add a Visualforce page
For Salesforce Classic users: follow these two steps then jump to step 4 in the list below
- In Salesforce, select App Setup > Customize.
- In the list of customizable Salesforce objects, go to Contact or Lead and find Page Layouts.
Here are instructions assuming you're in Lightning.
- Go to Setup by clicking the cog at the top right-hand side of the page next to your name
- Click on the Object Manager tab at the top left next to the word Setup
- Open the Lead or Contact object depending onto which one you're planning to add the list
- Click on Page Layouts on the left side column of the object you're editing
- Click Edit on the layout where you want to add the components.
- In the Component menu, select VisualForce Pages.
- Drag a Section component to your layout, configure it as a single column section, and name it Appointiv Bookings. Add a second Section called Appointiv History.
- Drag the Appointiv Bookings and Appointiv Bookings History VisualForce pages to your newly added sections in the layout.
- Select the edit button on the corner of the Sections to open the Visualforce Page Properties editor and select "enable scrollbars" to make it work well when you have lots of appointments against a single object.
- Click Save.
Viewing appointments in Salesforce
Simply go to your Lead or Contact object to see the new lists for Appointiv appointments.
From there, you can click on the name of the appointment in the Event column and follow the link to the Appointment Details page.
Salesforce Admins can also control the fields and layout of the event by editing the Event Page Layout and selecting the Appointiv Event Layout